"In 1986, the Lord was taken over by its current custodians, including Managing Director Blair Hayden. With the aid of an 1852 photograph the new custodians took a beautiful old pub and restored it to its former Colonial glory. In keeping with the ambience of the architecture the new custodians were inspired to create beers in the style of the traditional English style ale with no added sugar and extremely full flavoured – instead of lager as made by the big Brewers dominating the market. A microbrewery was built in the back area of the bar and cellar and the rest is history. Over a quarter century in fact."